Professor Sandra Jones
- Organisational Area
- Pro Vice Chancellor Engagement
- Pro Vice Chancellor Engagement
Building 462 - 340 Albert Street (340 Albert Street, East Melbourne VIC 3002)-Level 2-Room 462.2.06
Contact OfficerMs Lisa Lavey
Executive Officer/Team Leader (Operations)
- +613 9230 8113
Professor Sandra Jones is the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Engagement at ACU. Her role provides leadership, advice and support for ACU's community engagement strategy, including strategic frameworks that implement the new measurement of research engagement and impact.
Prior to her current appointment Sandra was the Director of ACU's Centre for Health and Social Research (CHaSR), a research centre focused on social marketing and community-based research.
Sandra joined ACU in 2014 after more than a decade as the Founding Director of Australia's largest social marketing research group at the University of Wollongong. Her research career focused on the development and delivery of community-based interventions, in partnership with health services and NGOs, to improve the uptake of health promoting and risk-reducing behaviours.
Sandra is passionate about education. She has supervised more than 20 PhD students and more than 25 Masters and Honours students. She also has a long history of teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as mentoring tertiary and secondary school students.
Sandra's career research funding exceeds $12 million and she has published more than 180 refereed journal articles, 11 book chapters, and numerous policy-related monographs and reports. She is also a member of a range of policy and advocacy committees and professional organisations in Australia and overseas.
- Garner A, Harwood V & Jones SC (2016) Discourses of autism on film: An analysis of memorable images that create definition. The Palgrave Handbook of Adult Mental Health. In O’Reilly M & Lester JN. Palgrave Macmillan, pp151-166
- Jones SC, Iverson D, Sutherland M, Puplick C, Waters L & Berends L (2015) Preparation without panic: A comprehensive social marketing approach to planning for a potential pandemic. In Wymer W (Ed) Innovations in Social Marketing and Public Health Communication: Improving the Quality of Life for Individuals and Communities. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, pp 227-247.
- Jones SC & Eagleton K (2015) Does context matter? Australian consumers’ attitudes to the use of messages and appeals in commercial and social marketing advertising. In Wymer W (Ed) Innovations in Social Marketing and Public Health Communication: Improving the Quality of Life for Individuals and Communities. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, pp 67-86.
- Jones SC (2014) Packaged alcohol promotions – the need for effective regulation. In Manton E, Room R, Giorgi C & Thorn M (Eds.) Stemming the tide of alcohol: liquor licensing and the public interest. Canberra: Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education in collaboration with the University of Melbourne, pp. 137-148.
- Miller P, Pennay A, Droste N, Jenkinson R, Quinn B, Chikritzhs T, Tomsen S, Wadds P, Jones SC, Palmer D, Barrie L, Lam T, Gilmore W & Lubman DI (2014) Patron offending and intoxication in night-time entertainment districts (POINTED). In Manton E, Room R, Giorgi C & Thorn M (Eds.) Stemming the tide of alcohol: liquor licensing and the public interest. Canberra: Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education in collaboration with the University of Melbourne, pp. 211-223.
- Jones SC, Johnson K, Telenta J, Thom JA, Williams M, Iverson D & Caputi P (2013) Don’t let the sun get under your skin: Targeting adolescent sun protection with a novel social marketing campaign (Case Study). In: Hastings G & Domegan C (Eds) Social Marketing: From Tunes to Symphonies. Routledge; pp. 304-310.
- Jones SC, Phillipson L, Larsen-Truong K & Barrie LR (2013) Cold and Flu Affect More than You: A social marketing campaign targeting influenza transmission on a university campus (Case Study). In: Hastings G & Domegan C (Eds) Social Marketing: From Tunes to Symphonies. Routledge; pp. 401-408.
- Jones SC, Iverson D, Waters L, Sutherland M, Gold J & Puplick C (2012) How quickly did bird flu go off the public radar? Results of a follow-up CATI survey of Australian adults. In Taylor KM & O’Connor B (Eds) Avian Influenza: Molecular Evolution, Outbreaks and Prevention/Control. Nova Publishers.
- Jones SC (2011) Social marketing’s response to the alcohol problem: Who’s conducting the orchestra? In The SAGE Handbook on Social Marketing; Hastings G, Angus K & Bryant C (Eds) Sage: London; pp 322-328.
- Dreyfus SJ & Jones SC (2010) Constructing Sports Stars: Appliable Linguistics and the Language of the Media. In Appliable Linguistics; Mahboob A & Knight NK (Eds.): Continuum International Publishing Group: London; pp 253-270.
- Jones SC & Hall D (2007) Be Well, Know Your BGL: Diabetes Australia's diabetes awareness campaign. In Social Marketing: Why should the Devil have all the best tunes? Hastings G (Eds.) Elsevier /Butterworth-Heinemann: Oxford; pp 322-328.
- Gordon C & Jones SC (2018) “I see so much in them”: Australian Chaplains telling an alternative narrative of adolescents in the justice system. Health & Social Care in the Community 26(4), e505-e513
- Jones SC, Andrews K, Francis K & Akram M (2018) When are they old enough to drink? Outcomes of an Australian social marketing intervention targeting alcohol initiation. Drug & Alcohol Review 37(S1), S375-S383; doi: 10.1111/dar.12653
- Burns P, Jones SC, Caputi P & Iverson D (2018) Are older Australians with chronic diseases online? Health Promotion Journal of Australia 29(1), 72-18; doi: 10.1002/hpja.5
- Gordon C, Howard S, Kervin L & Jones SC (2018) Gender effects in a multischool alcohol media literacy study with preadolescents. Health Education and Behavior 45(3) 311–314;doi: 10.1177/109019811773160
- Atkinson J-A, Knowles D, Wiggers J, Livingston M, Room R, Prodan A, McDonnell G, O’Donnell E, Jones SC, Haber PS, Muscatello D, EzardN , Phung N, Freebairn L, Indig D, Rychetnik L, Ananthapavan J, Wutzke S, On Behalf of The Alcohol Modelling Consortium (in press) Harnessing advances in computer simulation to inform policy and planning to reduce alcohol-related harms, International Journal of Public Health 63(4), 537-546; doi: 10.1007/s00038-017-1041-y
- Francis KL, Polonsky MJ, Jones SC & Renzaho AMN (2017) The effects of a culturally-tailored campaign to increase blood donation knowledge, attitudes and intentions among African migrants in two Australian States: Victoria and South Australia. PLoS One 12 (11): e0188765
- Jones SC, Francis K & Gordon C (2018) “It’s like a drink you’d have before you go to a party” Analysis of a Vodka Cruiser advertising campaign. Drug & Alcohol Review 37(1), 36-41.
- Jones SC & Gordon C (2017) A systematic review of children's alcohol-related knowledge, attitudes and expectancies. Preventive Medicine 105, 19-31.
- Jones SC, Hall S & Kypri K (2017) Should I drink responsibly, safely or properly? Confusing messages about reducing alcohol-related harm. PLoS ONE 12(9),e0184705
- Harwood V, Jones SC, Bonney A & McMahon S (2017) Heroic struggles, criminals and scientific breakthroughs: ADHD and the medicalisation of child behaviour in Australian newsprint media 1999-2009. Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Wellbeing 12 (S1), doi: 10.1080/17482631.2017.1298262
- Biagioni N, Pettigrew S, Jones SC, Stafford J, Daube M & Chikritzhs T (2017) Defining binge drinking: young drinkers' perceptions of risky alcohol consumption. Public Health 152, 55-57.
- Trawley S, Jones SC & Bhullar N (2017) How preferences for volume-based promotions differ between at-risk and non-problem female drinkers. International Journal of Drug Policy 45, 42-45.
- Jones SC, Pettigrew S, Biagioni N, Daube M, Chikritzhs T, Stafford J, Tran J (2017) Young adults, alcohol and Facebook: A synergistic relationship. Journal of Social Marketing 7(2), 172-187.
- Gordon C, Howard S, Kervin L & Jones SC (2017) Qualitative Process evaluation of an Australian alcohol media literacy study: Recommendations for designing culturally responsive school-based programs. BMC Public Health 17: 155
- Coomber K, Jones SC, Martino F & Miller P (2017) Predictors of awareness of standard drink labelling and drinking guidelines to reduce negative health effects among Australian drinkers. Drug and Alcohol Review 36(2), 200-209.
- Jones SC, Francis K & Andrews K (2017) Combining social norms and social marketing to address underage drinking: Development and process evaluation of a whole-of-community intervention. PLoS ONE 12(1): e0169872
- Jones SC, Wyatt A & Daube M (2016) Smokescreens and beer goggles: How alcohol industry CSM protects the industry. Social Marketing Quarterly 22(4) 264-279.
- Gordon C, Howard SJ, Jones SC & Kervin LK (2016) Evaluation of an Australian alcohol media literacy program.?Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 77(6), 950-957.
- Jones SC, Gordon C, Andrews K (2016) What is ‘binge drinking’? Perceptions of Australian adolescents and adults, and implications for mass media campaigns. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health 40(5), 487-489.
- Jones SC (2016) Parental provision of alcohol: A TPB-framed review of the literature. Health Promotion International 31(3), 562-571.
- Cridland E, Jones SC, Stoyles G, Caputi P, & Magee C (2016) Families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Roles and responsibilities of adolescent sisters. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities 31(3), 196-207.
- Jones SC, Andrews K, Berry N (2016) Lost in translation: A focus group study of parents' and adolescents' interpretations of underage drinking and parental supply. BMC Public Health 16(1):561.
- Jones SC, Robinson L, Barrie L, Francis K, Lee J-K (2016) Association between young Australian’s drinking behaviours and their interactions with alcohol brands on Facebook: Results of an online survey Alcohol and Alcoholism 51(4) 474–480.
- Jones SC, Andrews K & Caputi P (2016) Alcohol-branded merchandise: Association with Australian adolescents’ drinking and parent attitudes. Health Promotion International 31(2), 314-324.
- Gordon C, Jones SC, Kervin L, Lee JK (2016) Empowering students to respond to alcohol advertisements: Results from a pilot study of an Australian media literacy intervention. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health 40(3), 231–232.
- Pettigrew S, Biagioni N, Daube M, Stafford J, Jones SC, Chikritzhs T (2016) Reverse engineering a ‘responsible drinking’ campaign to assess strategic intent. Addiction 111(6), 1107–1113.
- Jones SC (2016) Alcohol-branded merchandise ownership and drinking. Pediatrics 137(5), e20153970
- Berends L, Jones SC & Andrews K (2016) Adolescent drinking, social identity, and parenting for safety: Perspectives from Australian adolescents and parents. Health and Place, 38, 22-29.
- Cridland EK, Caputi P, Walker BM, Jones SC & Magee CA (2016) A Personal Constructivist Approach for investigating the patterns of dependency of adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Case study of two families. Journal of Constructivist Psychology, 29(1), 30-50.
- Dunlop S, Freeman B & Jones SC (2016) Marketing to youth in the digital age: The promotion of unhealthy products and health promoting behaviours on social media. Media and Communication 4(3), 35-49
- Pettigrew S, Biagioni N, Jones SC, Stafford J, Chikritzhs T & Daube M (2016) Factors influencing young adults' use of alcohol mixed with energy drinks. Appetite, 96, 408-415.
- Barnett S, Jones SC, Bennett S, Iverson D & Robinson L (2016) A Virtual Community of Practice for General Practice Training: A Preimplementation Survey. JMIR Medical Education 2(2), e13.
- Jones SC & Francis K (2015) Supply of alcohol to underage drinkers: Misperceptions of community norms. Social Science & Medicine, 147, 158-162.
- Bonney A, Phillipson L, Jones SC, Hall J & Sharma R (2015) The brave new world of older patients: preparing general practice training for an ageing population. Primary Health Care Research & Development, 16(6), 578-88.
- Marshall AD, Micallef M, Erratt A, Telenta J, Jones SC, Bath N, Treloar C, How-Chow D, Byrne J, Harvey P, Dunlop A, Jauncey M, Read P, Collie T, Dore GJ, Grebely J (2015) Liver disease knowledge and acceptability of non-invasive liver fibrosis assessment among people who inject drugs in the drug and alcohol setting: the LiveRLife Study. International Journal of Drug Policy 26(10), 984-991.
- Pettigrew S, Biagioni N, Jones SC, Daube M, Kirby G, Stafford J & Chikritzhs T (2015) Sales promotion strategies and youth drinking in Australia. Social Science and Medicine 141, 115-122.
- Pettigrew S, Biagioni N, Daube M, Jones SC, Chikritzhs T & Kirby G, (2015) Understanding and addressing the Schoolies phenomenon. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health 39(2), 135-40.
- Cridland E, Caputi P, Jones SC & Magee C (2015) The perceptions and experiences of adolescent boys with autism spectrum disorder: A personal construct psychology perspective. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability 40(4), 354-367.
- Cridland E, Jones SC, Caputi P & Magee C (2015) Qualitative research with families living with autism spectrum disorders: Recommendations for conducting semi-structured interviews. Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability 40(1), 78-91.
- Hindmarsh, CS, Jones SC, Kervin L (2015) Effectiveness of alcohol media literacy programmes: a systematic literature review. Health Education Research 30(3), 449-465.
- Gordon R, Jones SC, Barrie L & Gilchrist H (2015) Use of Brand Community Markers to Engage Existing Lifestyle Consumption Communities and Some Ethical Concerns. Journal of Macromarketing 35(4), 419-434.
- Garner A, Jones SC & Harwood V (2015) Authentic representations or stereotyped ‘outliers’: using the CARS2 to assess film portrayals of Autism Spectrum Disorders. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health 8(4), 414-425.
- Jones SC, Magee C & Andrews K (2015) I think other parents might: Using a projective technique to explore parental supply of alcohol, Drug and Alcohol Review 34(5), 531-539.
- Jones SC, Gregory P, Barrie L, Allsop S & Chikritzhs T (2015) The influence of Point-of-Sale (POS) promotions on bottle shop purchases of young adults. Drug and Alcohol Review 34(2), 170-176
- Phillipson L, Magee C, Jones SC (2015) Dementia attitudes and help-seeking intentions: An investigation of responses to two scenarios of an experience of the early signs of dementia. Aging and Mental Health 9(11), 968-77.
- Pennay A, Miller P, Busija L, Jenkinson R, Droste N, Quinn B, Jones SC & Lubman DI (2015) ‘Wide Awake Drunkenness’? Investigating the association between alcohol intoxication and stimulant use in the night-time economy, Addiction 110(2), 356-365.
- Gho S, Steele J, Jones SC & Munro B (2014) Perceived exercise barriers explain exercise participation in Australian women treated for breast cancer better than perceived exercise benefits. Physical Therapy Journal, 94 (12):1765-1774.
- Jones SC (2014) Using social marketing to create communities for our children and adolescents that do not model and encourage drinking. Health and Place, 30, 260-269.
- Howard S, Gordon G & Jones SC (2014) Australian Alcohol Policy 2001-2013 and implications for public health. BMC Public Health 14: 848.
- Toumbourou JW, Kypri K, Jones SC & Hickie IB (2014) Should the legal age for alcohol purchase be raised to 21? Medical Journal of Australia 200(10), 568-570.
- Andrews KL, Jones SC, Mullan J (2014) Asthma self-management in adults: A review of current literature. Collegian 21(1), 33-41.
- Jones SC, Thom JA, DavorenS, Barrie L (2014) Internet filters and entry pages do not protect children from online alcohol marketing. Journal of Public Health Policy 35(1), 75-90.
- Cridland E, Caputi P, Jones SC & Magee C (2014) Understanding high functioning autism during adolescence: A personal construct theory approach, Journal of Intellectual & Developmental Disability 39(1), 108-118.
- Jones SC & Magee C (2014) The role of family, friends and peers in Australian adolescent's alcohol consumption. Drug and Alcohol Review 33(3):304-13.
- Dooley JA, Jones SC, Iverson D (2014) Using Web 2.0 for Health Promotion and Social Marketing Efforts: Lessons Learned from Web 2.0 Experts. Health Marketing Quarterly 31(2), 178-196.
- Bonney A, Jones SC, Iverson D & Magee C (2014) Trust, continuity and agency: Keys to understanding older patients' attitudes to general practice trainees. Education for Health: Change in Learning and Practice 27(1), 39-46
- Phillipson L, Jones SC, Magee C (2014) A review of the factors associated with the non-use of respite services by caregivers of people with dementia. Implications for policy and practice. Health & Social Care in the Community 22(1), 1-12.
- Gho S, Munro B, Jones SC & Steele J (2014) Exercise bra discomfort is associated with insufficient exercise levels among Australian women treated for breast cancer, Supportive Care in Cancer 22(3), 721-729.
- Cridland E, Jones SC, Caputi P & Magee C (2014) Being a girl in a boys' world: Investigating the Experiences of Girls with Autism Spectrum Disorders during Adolescence, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders 44(6), 1261-1274.
- Gho S, Munro B, Jones SC & Steele J (2014) Evidence based recommendations for building better bras for women treated for breast cancer. Ergonomics, 57(5), 774-786.
- Magee C, Phillipson L, Jones SC & Skladzien E (2014) Correlates of Dementia Attitudes in a sample of middle-aged Australian adults. Australasian Journal on Ageing, 33(3):158-63.
- Cridland E, Jones SC, Magee C, Caputi P (2014) Family focused Autism Spectrum Disorder research: A review of the utility of family systems approaches. Autism: International Journal of Research and Practice 18(3), 213-222.
- Barnett S, Jones SC, Caton T, Iverson D, Bennett S, Bonney A & Robinson L (2014) Implementing a virtual community of practice for family physician training: A case study. Journal of Medical Internet Research 16(3) e83.
- Miller P, Pennary A, Droste N, Butler E, Jenkinson R, Hyder S, Quinn B, ChikritzhsT, Tomsen S, Wadds P, Jones SC, Palmer D, Barrie L, Lam T, Gilmore W & Lubman DI (2014) A comparativestudy of blood alcohol concentrations in Australian night-time entertainment districts. Drug & Alcohol Review, 33(4), 338-345.
- Jones SC & Gordon R (2013) Regulation of alcohol advertising: Policy options for Australia, Evidence Base 2: http://journal.anzsog.edu.au/publications/12/EvidenceBase2013Issue2.pdf NJ
- Barnett S, Jones SC, Bennett SC, Iverson D & Bonney A (2013) Usefulness of a Virtual Community of Practice and Web 2.0 tools for GP Training: experiences and expectations of GP registrars and supervisors, Australian Journal of Primary Health 19(4), 292-296.
- Evers U, Jones SC, Iverson D & and Caputi P (2013) 'Get Your Life Back': Process and impact evaluation of an asthma social marketing campaign targeting older adults, BMC Public Health 13:59, doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-759.
- Lindsay S, Thomas S, Lewis S, Westberg K, Moodie R and Jones S (2013) Eat, drink and gamble: marketing messages about ‘risky’ products in an Australian major sporting series. BMC Public Health, 13: 719.
- Barnett S, Jones SC, Bennett SC, Iverson D & Bonney A (2013) Perceptions of family physician trainees and trainers regarding the usefulness of a Virtual Community of Practice. Journal of Medical Internet Research 15(5): e92.
- Burns, P., Jones, S. C., Iverson, D. & Caputi, P. (2013). Internet self-management reporting uniform framework: the need for uniform reporting criteria when reporting internet interventions. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 31 (11), 554-565.
- Phillipson L, Jones SC, Magee C (2013) Why caregivers of people with dementia do not utilise out-of-home respite services. Health & Social Care in the Community 21(4), 411-422.
- Andrews K, Jones SC & Mullan J (2013) Stigma: still an important issue for adults with asthma. Journal of Asthma & Allergy Educators 4(4), 165-171.
- Andrews K, Jones SC & Mullan J (2013) Perceptions and practices of adults with asthma: A social cognitive analysis. Journal of Asthma & Allergy Educators 4(2), 49-56.
- Burns P, Jones SC, Iverson D, Caputi C (2013) Usability testing of AsthmaWise with older adults. Computers, Informatics, Nursing 31(5), 219-226.
- Evers U, Jones SC, Iverson D & Caputi P (2013) The asthma knowledge and perceptions of older Australian adults: Implications for social marketing campaigns. Patient Education and Counseling 91(3), 392-399.
- Evers U, Jones SC, Iverson D & Caputi P (2013) Asthma in older adults: the need for asthma health promotion interventions. Journal of Asthma & Allergy Educators 4(4), 183-190.
- Burns P, Jones SC, Iverson D, Caputi, P (2013) AsthmaWise-a field of dreams? The results of an online education program targeting older adults with asthma. Journal of Asthma 50(7), 737-744.
- Miller P, Pennay A, Jenkinson R, Droste N, Chikritzhs T, Tomsen S, Wadds P, Jones SC, Palmer D, Barrie L & Lubman DI (2013) Patron Offending and Intoxication in Night Time Entertainment Districts (POINTED): A Study Protocol. International Journal of Alcohol and Drug Research 2(1), 69-76.
- Burns, P., Jones, S. C., Iverson, D. C. & Caputi, P. (2013). Where do older Australians receive their health information? Health information sources and their perceived reliability. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 3 (12), 60-69.
- Burns, P., Jones, S. C., Iverson, D. & Caputi, P. (2013). The devil is in the detail: determining the content of an internet intervention for older adults with asthma. Journal of Asthma and Allergy Educators, 4 (6), 316-326.
- Gho S, Steele JR, Jones SC, Munro BJ (2013) Self-reported side effects of breast cancer treatment: a cross-sectional study of incidence, associations, and the influence of exercise. Cancer Causes and Control 24(3), 517-528.
- Evers U, Jones SC, Iverson D & Caputi P (2013) Promoting asthma awareness to older adults: Formative research for a social marketing campaign. Journal of Asthma & Allergy Educators 4(2), 77-84.
- Jones SC, Magee CA (2012) Equal discussion of significant findings? Not confirmation bias, but a focus on the most significant findings. Alcohol and Alcoholism 47(1), 80.
- Jones SC, Kervin L, Reis S & Gregory P (2012) What I say isn't always what I do: Investigating differences in children's reported and actual snack food preferences. International Journal of Child Health and Nutrition 1, 28-38.
- Dooley JA, Jones SC, Iverson D (2012) Web 2.0: An Assessment of Social Marketing Principles. Journal of Social Marketing 2(3), 207-221.
- Barnett SR, Jones SC, Bennett S, Iverson D & Bonney A (2012) General practice training and virtual communities of practice - a review of the literature. BMC Family Practice 13:87
- Jones SC & Johnson K (2012) Women’s awareness of cancer symptoms: A review of the literature. Women’s Health 8(5), 579-591.
- Jones SC, Barrie L, Robinson L, Allsop S & Chikrizhs T (2012) Point-of-sale alcohol promotions in the Perth and Sydney metropolitan areas. Drug and Alcohol Review 31(6), 803-808.
- Berry NJ, Jones SC & Iverson D (2012) It’s not the contents, it’s the container: Australian parents’ awareness and acceptance of infant and young child feeding recommendations. Breastfeeding Review, 20(2), 31-35.
- Burns P, Jones SC, Iverson D, Caputi P (2012) Riding the waves or paddling in the shadows? Understanding older Australians’ use of the internet. Health Promotion Journal of Australia 23(2), 145-148.
- Bonney, A., Jones, S. C., & Iverson, D. (2012). The older patient, the general practitioner and the trainee: patients'' attitudes and implications for training. Education for Primary Care 23(3), 186-195.
- Gilchrist, H., Smith, K.M., Magee, C., Jones, S. C. (2012). A hangover and a one-night stand: alcohol and risky sexual behaviour among female students at an Australian University. Youth Studies Australia 31(2), 35-43.
- Phillipson L & Jones SC (2012) Use of Day Centers for Respite by Help-Seeking Caregivers of Individuals with Dementia. Journal of Gerontological Nursing 38(4), 24-34.
- Jones, S. C., Gregory, P., & Kervin, L. (2012). Branded food references in Australian children's magazines: 'advertisements' are the tip of the iceberg. Pediatric Obesity 7(3), 220-229.
- Berry, N., Jones, S. C., & Iverson, D. (2012). Toddler Milk Advertising in Australia: Infant formula advertising in disguise? Australasian Marketing Journal 20(1), 24-27.
- Jones SC & Telenta J (2012) What influences Australian women (not) to drink during pregnancy? Australian Journal of Primary Health 18(1), 68-73.
- Kervin L, Jones SC & Mantei J (2012) Online Advertising: Examining the content and messages within websites targeted at children. E-learning and Digital Media 9(1), 69-82.
- Berry N, Jones SC & Iverson D (2012) Circumventing the WHO Code: An observational study. Archives of Disease in Childhood 97(4), 320-325.
- Williams M, Jones SC, Caputi P, Iverson D (2012) Australian adolescents' compliance with sun protection behaviours during summer: the importance of the school context. Health Promotion International 27(1), 15-22.
Refereed journal articles
- 100. Jones SC & Eagleton K (2012) What do Australian consumers think about current advertising standards? Journal of Public Affairs 12(4), 315-325.
- Williams M, Jones SC, Caputi P & Iverson D (2012) Do Australian adolescent female fake tan users practice better sun protection behaviors than non-users? Health Education Journal 71(6), 654-661.
- Jones SC, Barrie L & Berry NJ (2012) Why (not) alcohol energy drinks? A qualitative study with Australian university students. Drug & Alcohol Review 31, 281–287.
- Jones SC & Reis S (2011) Not just the taste: Why adolescents drink alcopops. Health Education 112(1), 61 - 74
- Jones SC, Crookes PA, Johnson KM (2011) Teaching critical appraisal skills for Nursing research. Nurse Education in Practice 11(5), 327-32.
- Phillipson L & Jones SC (2011) Residential Respite Care: The Caregivers' last resort. Journal of Gerontological Social Work 54(7), 691-711
- Jones SC, Magee C, Barrie L, Iverson D, Gregory P, Hanks E, Nelson A, Nehill C & Zorbas H (2011) Australian women's perceptions of breast cancer risk factors and their own risk of developing breast cancer. Women's Health Issues 21(5), 353-60.
- Jones SC & Magee CA (2011) Exposure to alcohol advertising and alcohol consumption among Australian adolescents. Alcohol & Alcoholism 46 (5), 630-637.
- Jones SC & Smith K (2011) The effect of Point of Sale Promotions on the alcohol purchasing behaviour of young people in metropolitan, regional and rural Australia. Journal of Youth Studies 14(8), 885-900.
- Hall D, Jones SC & Iverson DC (2011) Consumer perceptions of sponsors of disease awareness advertising. Health Education111(1), 5-19.
- Jones SC (2011) “You wouldn’t know it had alcohol in it until you read the can”: Adolescents and alcohol-energy drinks. Australasian Marketing Journal, 19(3), 189-195.
- Berry NJ, Jones SC & Iverson (2011) Relax, you’re soaking in it: Sources of information about infant formula. Breastfeeding Review 19(1), 9-18.
- Jones SC & Barrie L (2011) Declining physical activity levels as an unintended consequence of abolishing mandatory campus service fees. Journal of American College Health 59(6), 511-518.
- Jones SC & Kervin L (2011) An experimental study on the effects of exposure to magazine advertising on children's food choices. Public Health Nutrition 14(8), 1337-1344.
- Phillipson L & Jones SC (2011) "Between the devil and the deep blue sea": the beliefs of caregivers of people with dementia regarding the use of in-home respite services. Home Health Care Services Quarterly 30(2), 43-62.
- Hoek J & Jones SC (2011) Regulation, public health and social marketing: a behaviour change trinity. Journal of Social Marketing, 1(1), 32-44.
- Hall DV, Jones SC & Iverson D (2011) Disease awareness advertising – women’s intentions following exposure Australian Family Physician 40(3), 143-147.
- Barrie LR, Jones SC & Wiese E (2011) “At least I’m not drink-driving”: Formative research for a social marketing campaign to reduce drug-driving among young drivers. Australasian Marketing Journal 19(1), 71-75.
- Jones SC, Iverson D, Burns P, Evers U, Caputi P & Morgan S (2011) Asthma and ageing: an end user's perspective. Clinical & Experimental Allergy 41(4), 471-481.
- Gilchrist H, Jones SC & Barrie L (2011) Experiences of emergency department staff: Alcohol-related and other violence and aggression. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal 14(1), 9-16.
- Jones SC, Telenta J, Johnson K & Shorten A (2011) Midwives and pregnant women talk about alcohol: what advice do we give and what do they receive? Midwifery 27(4):489-496.
- Jones SC & Barrie L (2011) RTDs in Australia: expensive designer drinks or cheap rocket fuel? Drug & Alcohol Review 30(1), 4-11.
- Jones, S.C., Gregory, P. (2010) Health warning labels on alcohol products – the views of Australian university students, Contemporary Drug Problems 37(1), 109-137.
- Jones SC (2010) When does alcohol sponsorship of sport become sport sponsorship of alcohol? International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship 11(3), 250-261.
- Jones SC, Phillipson L & Barrie L (2010) Most men drink…especially like when they play sports - alcohol advertising during sporting broadcasts and the potential impact on child audiences Journal of Public Affairs 10(1-2), 59-73.
- Berry NJ, Jones SC & Iverson D (2010) "It's all formula to me" Mothers' understandings of Toddler Milk Advertisements. Breastfeeding Review 18(1), 21-30.
- Jones SC & Reid A (2010) The use of female sexuality in Australian alcohol advertising: public policy implications of young adults' reactions to stereotypes, Journal of Public Affairs 10(1-2), 19-35.
- Hall D, Jones SC& Hoek J (2010) Direct to consumer advertising versus disease awareness advertising: Consumer perspectives from down under. Journal of Public Affairs 11(1), 60-69.
- Bonney AD, Jones SC, Phillipson L & Iverson DC (2010) General practice registrars: Attitudes of older patients. Australian Family Physician39(6), 419-424.
- Jones SC, Magee CA, Francis J, Luxford K, Gregory P, Zorbas H & Iverson DC (2010) Australian women's awareness of ovarian cancer symptoms, risk and protective factors, and estimates of own risk. Cancer Causes and Control21(12), 2231-2239.
- Jones SC, Gregory P, Nehill C, Barrie L, Luxford K, Nelson A, Zorbas H & Iverson D (2010) Australian women’s awareness of breast cancer symptoms and responses to potential symptoms, Cancer Causes and Control 21(6), 945-958.
- Jones SC, Mannino N & Green J (2010) “Like me, want me, buy me, eat me”: Relationship-building marketing communications in children's magazines, Public Health Nutrition 13, (12), 2111-2118.
- Jones SC & Telenta J (2010) Are Australian consumers willing to pay for the installation of reversing cameras in motor vehicles? Health Promotion Journal of Australia 21(1), 70-74.
- Jones SC, Waters L, Holland O, Bevins J & Iverson D (2010) Developing pandemic communication strategies: Preparation without panic, Journal of Business Research 63, 126-132.
- Robotin MC, Jones SC, Biankin AV, Waters L, Iverson D, Gooden H, Barraclough B & Penman AG (2010) Defining research priorities for pancreatic cancer in Australia: results of a consensus development process, Cancer Causes and Control 21(5), 729-736.
- McMahon A, Tapsell LC, Williams P, Motion JM & Jones SC (2010) Food advertisements containing 'scientific' and 'lay-person' keywords: Responses from a sample of female Australian Consumers. Nutrition and Dietetics 61(1), 6-12.
- Jones SC, Iverson D & Waters L (2010) “Just don’t eat chicken”: The challenge of engaging Australian adults in appropriate preventive behaviours for bird flu, International Journal of Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector Marketing 15(1), 78-90.
- Jones SC & Reid A (2010) Children's magazines: reading resources or food marketing tools? Public Health Nutrition 13(3), 393-399.
- Crookes PA, Reis S & Jones SC (2010) The development of a ranking tool for refereed journals in which nursing and midwifery researchers publish their work, Nurse Education Today 30(5), 420-427.
- Bonney AD, Phillipson L, Reis SL, Jones SC & Iverson DC (2009) Patients' attitudes to general practice registrars: a review of the literature. Education for Primary Care 20(5), 371-378.
- Bonney A, Phillipson L, Jones SC, Iverson D (2009) Older patients’ attitudes to General Practice Registrars: A qualitative study, Australian Family Physician38(11), 927-931.
- Johnson KM, Jones SC & Iverson D (2009) Guidelines for the development of social marketing programs for adolescents’ and young adults’ sun protection, Public Health, 123 Suppl 1:e6-10.
- Dooley JA, Jones SC & Desmarkis K (2009) Strategic social marketing in Canada: Ten phases to planning and implementing cancer prevention and cancer screening social marketing campaigns, Social Marketing Quarterly 15 (3), 33-48.
- Andrews KL & Jones SC (2009) "We would have got it by now if we were going to get it..." An analysis of asthma awareness and beliefs in older adults, Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 20(2), 146-50.
- Jones SC, Tapsell L, Andrews K, Williams P & Gregory P (2009) Australian consumers’ discernment of different sources of ‘healthy eating’ messages, Australasian Marketing Journal 17 (4), 238-246.
- Hall D, Jones SC & Iverson DC (2009) Content analysis of disease awareness advertisements in popular Australian women's magazines Medical Journal of Australia 191(11/12), 625-629.
- Jones SC, Gregory P & Munro G (2009) Adolescent and young adult perceptions of Australian alcohol advertisements, Journal of Substance Use, 14(6), 335-352.
- Jones SC, Reis S & Andrews A (2009) Communication About Organ Donation Intentions: Formative Research for a Social Marketing Program Targeting Families, Social Marketing Quarterly 15(2), 63-73.
- Phillipson L, Jones SC & Wiese L (2009) Effective communication only part of the strategy needed to promote the help-seeking of young people with mental health problems, Social Marketing Quarterly 15(2), 50-62.
- Jones SC & Gregory P (2009) The impact of more visible standard drink labelling on youth alcohol consumption: Helping young people drink (ir)responsibly? Drug & Alcohol Review, 28, 230-234.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2009) Social and Religious Factors in Adolescents’ Drug Use, Journal of Child & Adolescent Substance Abuse 18, 85-92.
- Jones SC & Harwood V (2009) Representations of autism in Australian print media, Disability and Society, 24(1), 5-18.
- Cashmore AW & Jones SC (2008) Growing Up Active: A Qualitative Study into Physical Activity in Long Day Care, Journal of Research in Childhood Education 23, (2), 179-191.
- Jones SC, Williams P, Tapsell L & Andrews K (2008) Health claims and food advertising: Comparison of marketing and nutrition experts’ ratings of magazine advertisements, Food Australia 60, (11), 526-533.
- Jones SC & Iverson D (2008) What Australians know and believe about bird flu: results of a population telephone survey, Health Promotion Practice 9, (4 Supplement), 73S-82S
- Fabrianesi BS, Jones SC & Reid A (2008) Are preadolescent girls’ magazines providing age-appropriate and suitable role models for their readers? Health Education 108, (6), 437-449.
- Jones SC, Andrews K, Tapsell L, Williams P & McVie D (2008) The extent and nature of 'health messages' in magazine food advertising in Australia, Asia Pacific Journal Clinical Nutrition 17, 317-24.
- Hall DV & Jones SC (2008) Australian consumer responses to DTCA and other pharmaceutical company sponsored advertisements, Australian & New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 32(5), 471-478.
- Jones SC, Wiese E & Fabrianesi B (2008) Following the Links: Food Advertising and Promotion on Children's Magazine Websites, Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing 20(2), 165-190.
- Villanueva EV, Jones SC, Nehill C, Favelle SK, Steel DG, Iverson D & Zorbas H (2008) The 2003 Australian Breast Health Survey: Survey Design and Preliminary Results. BMC Public Health, 8, (13), 1-27.
- Jones SC & Van Putten K (2008) An Analysis of Consumer Complaints about Social Marketing Advertisements in Australia and New Zealand. Journal of Nonprofit & Public Sector Marketing, 20, (1), 97-117.
- Jones SC, Hall D & Munro G (2008) How effective is the revised regulatory code for alcohol advertising in Australia?. Drug and Alcohol Review, 27, (1), 29-38.
- Jones SC, Hall D & Cowlin F (2008) Newspaper coverage of drug policy: an analysis of pre-election reporting of the Greens' drug policy in Australia. Drug and Alcohol Review, 27, 5-11.
- Jones SC & Fabrianesi BS (2008) Gross for kids but good for parents: differing messages in advertisements for the same products. Public Health Nutrition, 11, (6), 588-595.
- Hall D & Jones SC (2007) Branding of Prescription Medicines to Australian Consumers. Australasian Marketing Journal, 15, (2), 97-107.
- Jones SC & Lynch MJ (2007) Non-advertising alcohol promotions in licensed premises: does the Code of Practice ensure responsible promotion of alcohol?. Drug and Alcohol Review, 26, (5), 477-485.
- Jones SC (2007) Implications of behavioral decision theory for health marketing. Marketing Theory, 7, (1), 75-91.
- Jones SC (2007) Fast cars, fast food, and fast fixes: industry responses to current ethical dilemmas for Australian advertisers. Journal of Public Affairs, 7, (2), 148-163.
- Williams P, Tapsell LC, Jones SC & McConville K (2007) Health claims for food made in Australian magazine advertisements. Nutrition & Dietetics, 64, (4), 234-240.
- Noble GI, Stead M, Jones SC, McDermott L & McVie D (2007) The paradoxical food buying behaviour of parents: insights from the UK and Australia. British Food Journal, 109, (5), 387-398.
- Jones SC & Lynch MJ (2007) A pilot study investigating of the nature of point-of-sale alcohol promotions in bottle shops in a large Australian regional city. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 31, (4), 318-321.
- Humpel N, Magee C & Jones SC (2007) The impact of a cancer diagnosis on the health behaviours of cancer survivors and their family and friends. Supportive Care in Cancer, 15, 621-630.
- Jones SC & Owen N (2006) Using fear appeals to promote cancer screening – are we scaring the wrong people? International Journal of NonProfit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, 11, 93-103.
- Humpel N & Jones SC (2006) Gaining insight into the what, why and where of complementary and alternative medicine use by cancer patients and survivors European Journal of Cancer Care 15, 362-68
- Jones SC & Mullan J (2006) Older adults’ perceptions and understanding of DTCA, Journal of Consumer Marketing, 23(1), 6-14.
- Jones SC, Rees L, Johnson K & Tang A (2005) Improving sun protection behaviour through evidence-based campaigns Public Health Association of Australia Bulletin Special Edition 'Getting Research into Policy and Practice' (GRIPP) 16(11-12), 189-191.
- Jones SC, Carter OBJ, Donovan RJ & Jalleh G (2005) Western Australians’ perceptions of the survivability of different cancers: implications for public education campaigns, Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 16, 124-128.
- Humpel N & Jones SC (2005) Development of a comprehensive questionnaire of complementary and alternative medicine use amongst cancer patients and survivors Complementary Health Practice Review, 10(3), 163-174.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2004) Believability of Messages about Cannabis, Cocaine and Heroin Health Education, 6(4), 344-350.
- Humpel N & Jones SC (2004) “I don’t really know, so it’s a guess”: Women’s reasons for breast cancer risk estimation, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 4, 428-432.
- Jones SC (2004) Using the nominal group technique to select the most appropriate topics for postgraduate research students’ seminars, Journal of University Teaching and Learning Practice, 1(1), 20-34.
- Donovan RJ, Carter OBJ, Jalleh G & Jones SC (2004) Changes in beliefs about cancer in Western Australia, 1964–2001, Medical Journal of Australia, 181 (1), 23-25.
- Jones SC (2004) Coverage of breast cancer in the Australian print media – does advertising and editorial coverage reflect correct social marketing messages? Journal of Health Communication, 9(4), 309-325.
- Jones SC & Donovan RJ (2004) Does theory inform practice in health promotion in Australia? Health Education Research, 19(1), 1-14.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2003) Personality characteristics ascribed to young women who drink alcohol, Drug and Alcohol Review, 22(2), 117-123.
- Jones SC (2003) A review of the consistency of information in breast cancer screening brochures. Health Education, 103(3), 166-176.
- Donovan RJ, Jalleh G & Jones SC (2003) The word 'cancer': Reframing the context to reduce anxiety arousal. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 27(3), 291-293.
- Jones SC & Donovan RJ (2003) Professional development activities and qualifications of health promotion practitioners in Australia. Health Promotion Journal of Australia, 14(1), 8-14.
- Jones SC & Donovan RJ (2002) Self-regulation of alcohol advertising: is it working for Australia? Journal of Public Affairs, 2/3, 153-165.
- Donovan RJ, Jancey J & Jones SC (2002) Tobacco point of sale advertising increases positive brand user imagery. Tobacco Control, 11(3), 191-194.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2002) The applicability of commercial advertising theory to social marketing: Two case studies of Australian social marketing campaigns. Social Marketing Quarterly, 8(1), 6-18.
- Jones SC & Donovan RJ (2001) Messages in alcohol advertising targeted to youth. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 25(2), 126-131.
- Jones SC (2001) Screening for prostate cancer: A consideration of screening factors in comparison to screening for breast cancer. Cancer Forum, 25(2), 115-120.
- Jones SC (2001). A Test of the Renewable Resources Model of Multiple Gains and Multiple Losses, European Advances in Consumer Research, 5, 211-214.
- Zainuddin N & Jones SC, (2016) Reflections from WSMC15: celebrating some big steps forward and recognising some tensions holding us back (Guest editorial). Journal of Social Marketing 6(2), 98-103.
- Jones SC (2014) Commentary on Morgenstern et?al. (2014): As channels for alcohol marketing continue to increase, so will alcohol marketing receptivity and youth drinking. Addiction, 109(12), 2016-2017.
- Jones SC (2011) It’s not just researchers who need a new agenda. Addiction 106(3), 474-476.
- Jones SC & Jernigan DH (2010) Special Issue Editorial: Alcohol Advertising, Marketing and Regulation. Journal of Public Affairs10(1-2), 1-5.
- Jones SC (2008) Alcohol portrayals in movies: now we know they're there, what next? (Invited Commentary). Addiction103(12), 1934-1935.
- Jones SC & Rossiter JR (2004) Special Issue Editorial: Fear Appeals in Social Marketing Campaigns. Psychology and Marketing21(11), 885-887.
- Jones SC (2002) Commentary: Summary of Rossiter’s article on ‘forms of marketing knowledge’, Marketing Theory, 2(4), 333-337.
- Toumbourou JW, Kypri K & Jones SC. (2014) Should the legal age for buying alcohol be raised to 21 years? (letter) Medical Journal of Australia, 201 (10), 571.
- Jones SC & Jernigan D (2010) Research Note. Journal of Public Affairs 10(4): 389-390
105. Williams M, Jones SC, Caputi P & Iverson D (2011) Sun Protecting and Sun Exposing Behaviors: Testing Their Relationship Simultaneously with Indicators of Ultraviolet Exposure among Adolescents. Photochemistry and Photobiology 87(5):1179-83
Commentaries and editorials
Letters, replies and book reviews
- Toumbourou JW, Kypri K & Jones SC. (2014) Should the legal age for buying alcohol be raised to 21 years? (letter) Medical Journal of Australia, 201 (10), 571.
- Jones SC & Jernigan D (2010) Research Note. Journal of Public Affairs 10(4): 389-390
- Jones SC (2006) Global public health communication: challenges, perspectives and strategies [book review]. Health Promotion Journal of Australia17(1), 73-74.
- Jones SC (2002) Life Imitates Art. Tobacco Controlelectronic, (25 July, 2002),
National competitive grants (last 10 years)
|Translating Evidence into Practice: Optimising and Facilitating Prevention and Screening in Women with a Strong Family History of Breast Cancer||Cancer Australia and NBCF||Phillips K, Keogh L, Hickey M, Mazza D, Saunders C, Jones SC, Milne R||2016-17||516,690|
|Drunk on confidence, glamour, and fun: Alcohol advertising to women in Australia||ARC Discovery DP150103727||Jones SC, Croft R||2015-17||289,201|
|‘Sips and tastes’: Increasing parental awareness of the effects of early alcohol initiation||Healthway||Jones SC, Iverson D, Daube M, Pettigrew S, Lee JK||2015-17||362,712|
|A National and Sustainable Sports-Based Intervention to Promote Mental Health and Reduce the Risk of Mental Health Problems in Australian Adolescent Males||Movember Foundation||Vella S, Okely A, Christensen H, Deane F, Jones SC, Eckermann S, Trost S, Polman, Borkoles, Lonsdale C||2015-17||1,986,778|
|A community-based approach to the problem of underage drinking||ARC Future Fellowship FT120100932||Jones SC||2013-16||931,000|
|Developing culturally relevant social marketing interventions to increase blood donation: The case of African migrants||ARC Linkage LP120200065||Polonsky M, Renzaho A, Jones SC, Smith G||2012-15||229,905|
|The nature of alcohol advertising in 'old' and 'new' media and the impact on young people's alcohol-related attitudes, intentions and behaviour||ARC Discovery DP120102741||Jones SC, Caputi P||2012-14||165,000|
|Patron Offending and Intoxication in Night-time Entertainment Districts (POINTED)||NDLERF||Miller P, Pennay A, Chikritzhs T, Lubman D, Jenkinson, Palmer, Jones SC & Tomsen.||2011-12||467,000|
|Building better bras for women living with a diagnosis of breast cancer||NBCF||Steele J, Munro B, Jones SC||2010-12||260,750|
|The use of social marketing strategies and online communication tools to improve asthma self-management in older people||ARC Linkage LP0990336||Jones SC, Caputi P, Iverson D||2009-12||355,236 (+105,000)|
|Measuring children's responsiveness to food advertising||ARC Discovery DP0984651||Jones SC, Kervin LK||2009-11||120,000|
|An investigation of the nature and effects of point-of-sale promotions for alcohol beverages||ARC Linkage LP0883729||Jones SC, Allsop S, Chikritzhs T, Wakefield M||2008-11||224,238 (+ 62,438 )|
|Implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive sun protection program for adolescents||ARC Linkage LP0883330||Jones SC, Iverson D, Caputi P||2008-11||234,448 (+ 288,359 )|
|Community Standards for Ethics in Advertising||ARC Discovery DP065652||Jones SC||2006-08||130,000|
Other research grants
|Relax, they’re soaking in it: West Australian adolescents’ exposure to alcohol advertising||Healthway & WA Drug and Alcohol Office||Jones SC, Iverson D, O’Brien K, Pettigrew S, Daube M, Francis K||2015-16||144,040|
|You’ve got mail” – testing an SMS-based intervention to increase adherence among heart failure patients||Medibank Foundation||Thompson D, Jones SC, Ski C, Cameron J, Iverson D, Thom J, Telenta J, Page K, Prior D, Zimmet H||2015-16||50,000|
|Why don’t friends and relatives of underage drinkers comply with secondary supply laws in NSW?||Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education||Jones SC, Barrie L, Robinson L, Wyatt A||2014||20,000|
|‘Alcohol Truth’: A counter-marketing intervention to address adolescent alcohol consumption||Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education||Jones SC, Gordon R||2014||40,000|
|Exploring alcohol-related beliefs and behaviours among 18-21 year old Western Australian drinkers||Govt of Western Australia Drug & Alcohol Office||Pettigrew S, Daube M, Jones SC, Chikritzhs T, Stafford J||2013-14||149,642|
|Reducing stigma and enabling help seeking for cancer in priority CALD communities in the Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD||Cancer Institute NSW||Jones SC, Iverson D, Pitts L, Phillipson L, Johnson K, Hunt T||2012-13||90,089|
|Development of a training practice resource to improve the interaction between older patients and GPRs||CoastCityCountry Training Limited (CCCGPT)||Bonney A, Phillipson L, Jones SC||2012||38,000|
|Review of evidence base on the impact of alcohol advertising on young people's drinking||Australian New Zealand School of Government||Jones SC, Gordon R||2012||10,000|
|Organ and Tissue Donation - Engaging Orthodox Communities||Australian Organ & Tissue Donation & Trans’n Authority||Jones SC, Phillipson L, Pitts L||2011-12||53,950|
|Development of client needs measurement 'tool' for the Cram Foundation||Department Of Industry And Investment||Jones SC||2011||30,000|
|Promoting Healthy Lifestyles in IRT Self Care Communities||IRT Research Foundation (& IHMRI)||Jones SC, Bonney A, Iverson D||2010-11||38,470 (+20,000)|
|Efficacy of Emotional Appeals in Asthma||Asthma Foundation NSW||Jones SC, Johnson K, Reis S||2010-11||45,000|
|Alcohol Sponsorship of the National Rugby League: What is its impact on young males?||NSW Health||Jones SC, Gilchrist H||2010-11||19,829|
|School leavers' alcohol expectancies and social norms||AER Foundation||Jones SC, Barrie L||2010-11||19,990|
|Stigma and dementia in Australia: A pilot study of community attitudes||Alzheimers Australia||Jones SC, Magee C, Sladzien E||2010-11||16,000|
|Older patients attitudes to General Practice Registrars||CoastCityCountry Training Limited (CCCGPT)||Jones SC, Bonney A, Barrie L||2009-10||35,000|
|Research into impact of point of sale alcohol advertising and promotions on risky drinking by young people, and development of appropriate responses||NSW Health||Jones SC||2008||150,000|
|Research to determine the impact of “Ready to Drink” spirit beverages on young people and development of appropriate responses||NSW Health||Jones SC||2008||150,000|
|Smashed: Drugs and Driving Don’t Work. Development of effective advertising materials targeted at university students||NRMA - ACT Road Safety Trust||Jones SC||2008||43,000|
- Director, Catholic Care (2016-)
- Director, Amaze  (2014-)
- Director, Cram Foundation (2009-2014)
- Cancer Council NSW, Research Advisory Committee (2012-2014)
- Asthma Foundation NSW, Research Advisory Committee (2010-)
- Chair, National Breast Cancer & Ovarian Centre (NBOCC) Information Advisory Group (2009-2011)
- Register 4 Management Committee, National Breast Cancer Foundation (2009-2011)
- International Review Panel, Alberta Cancer Board Social Marketing Program (2008-2010)
- Advisory Committee, Community Alcohol Action Network (2005-2010)
- Raising Children Network (RCN) Steering Committee (2005-2007)
Page last updated: 2018-01-22
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1273347