Ms Ewa Geba
I joined the ACU School of Psychology in 2015, as Psychology and Counselling Clinic Director at the Mary Aikenhead Clinic in Strathfield. I am a bi-lingual (English/Polish) clinical psychologist registered with AHPRA, and a Psychology Board of Australia approved supervisor for 4+2, 5+1, and clinical master&rsquos programs. I had studied clinical psychology at the University of Gdansk (Poland) and James Cook University (Queensland) and I am currently completing PhD program with ACU Institute for Positive Psychology and Education.
Prior to joining ACU, I had worked for 15 years in the non-government sector, as Principal Psychologist & Manager of DSA Specialist Intervention Services. I have more than 25 years of experience (in Australia and overseas) working with children, young people and adults with learning difficulties and complex problem behaviours, as well as providing clinical training and supervision to provisional and registered psychologists.
My professional and research interests are in the areas of:
- Child and adolescent clinical psychology
- Effectivness of brief school-based interventions
- Diagnostic assessment and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Issues affecting  mental health and wellbeing of parents/carers of children with exceptional needs
- Trans-cultural aspects of life transition
I am passionate about providing quality placement and supervision programs for provisional psychologists, as well as broader community psycho-education.
PhD Thesis: I'll be OK in Year 7: Role of brief, school-based psychological interventions in a successful transition to secondary school.  2019- current own PhD project under supervision of Dr B.Sahdra and A/Prof. P.Parker. ACU Institute for Positive Psychology and Education.
Huynh, A., Geba, E. (2019). Evaluating the Effectivenss of a School-based Transition Program on Reducing Anxiety. Australian Catholic University. Master's Thesis Supervisor
Blair, S., Geba, E. (2017) Ajapa Japa Meditation and the Reduction of Anxiety Symptoms: Exploring its
Effect When Added to Group Therapy in a Clinical Sample. Australian catholic University. Master thesis' supervisor.
- Wiese, M.Y., Jeltes, G., Stancliffe, R.J., Dew, A., Howarth, G. and Balandin, S. 2011, Knowing about dying : issues for community living staff providing end-of-life care to older people with intellectual disability, in PsychDD 2011 : Twenty years on : where to from here? : Proceedings of the Association of Psychologists in Developmental Disability Services 2011 conference, Association of Psychologists in Developmental Disability Services, [Sydney, N. S. W.], pp. 1-1. (editor)
Bandaranayake, A., Geba, E. (2005) Identification of training needs for staff in practice of person centred active support. In-house Research Project for Disability Services Australia (project supervisor)
Cunneen, N., Geba, E. (2005). Assessing personality types amongst disability support workers (). University of Western Sydney, Australia (master&rsquos thesis supervisor)
- Australian Psychological Society (2011) Evidence based guidelines to reduce the need for restrictive practices in the disability sector. APS, Melbourne (member of the working group).
- Geba, E., Korzon, T., Koscielniak M. (1996). Psychological aspects of preparation for an oral surgery in children &ndash outpatients&rdquo &ndash  inter-agency research project published in the Journal of Maxillofacial Surgeons, XLIX, 11.
2018 - Girls and Women with Autism, presented at the APS Forum: Girls Matter. Parliament House, Sydney.
2016 - Use of psychotropic medication in youg children with ASD presented at the XI Autism Europe Congress, Edinbourgh, UK
2013 &ndash Assessing and treating adolescents with ASD and specific phobias: a case study, presented at the X Autism Europe Congress, Budapest, Europe
2011 &ndash Clinical practice guidelines for psychologists recommending use of restricted practices, presented at the PSYCHDD Forum, Sydney
2010 &ndash Preventing Workplace Violence in a Disability Sector, presented at the National Disability Services Conference, Sydney
2009 - Supporting individuals with ASD through life transitions, presented at the UNSW Autism Expo, Sydney
1987 -  Dynamics of interactions in the families of children with anxiety disorders (master&rsquos thesis). University of Gdansk, Poland.
- Member of Australian Psychological Society
- Member of APS College of Clinical Psychologists
- Member of Association of Psychologists in Developmental Disability (PsychDD)
- Member of National Association for Dually Diagnosed (NADD)
- Current General Registration with AHPRA Psychology Board of Australia (Area of Practice Endorsement: Clinical Psychology)
- Current Acreditation by AHPRA/ National Board of Psychology/APS as a Supervisor for 4+2, 5+1, Clinical Master's and Clinical Placement Programs
Page last updated: 2018-01-22
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1273347