Dr Edmund Chia
B.A. (Lewis), M.A. (UMCP), M.A. (CUA), Ph.D (Nijmegen)
Dr. Edmund Kee-Fook Chia is originally from Malaysia. He served from 1996-2004 as executive secretary of interreligious dialogue for the Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences. He then joined Catholic Theological Union in Chicago where he last served as Associate Professor and Chair of the Doctrinal Studies Department. Since 2011 he has been on the faculty of the Australian Catholic University in Melbourne, where he teaches theology and coordinates the Interreligious Dialogue Network. He has a Certificate in Education (Malaysia), a B.A. in Psychology (USA), an M.A. in Human Development (USA), an M.A. in Religion (USA) and a Ph.D. in Intercultural Theology (Netherlands).
- Author, World Christianity Encounters World Religions. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2018.
- Editor, Interfaith Dialogue: Global Perspectives. New York, NY, Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- Author, Edward Schillebeeckx and Interreligious Dialogue: Perspectives from Asian Theology. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publication, 2012.
- Co-editor (with Ogbu Kalu and Peter Vethanayagamony). Mission after Christendom: Emergent Themes in Contemporary Mission. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2010.
- Co-editor (with James W. Heisig). A Longing for Peace: The Challenge of a Multicultural, Multireligious World. Bilbao: Asociacion Haretxa, 2006.
- Editor. Dialogue? Resource Manual for Catholics in Asia. New Delhi, India: ISPCK, 2002.
- 'Spirituality, Mission, and Liturgy: A Sacramental Perspective', in The Oxford Handbook for Mission Studies, ed. Kirsteen Kim (New York, NY: Oxford University Press), forthcoming.
- 'The Federation of Asian Bishops', Conferences and Pan-Asian Catholicism,&rdquo in Asian Catholicism and Globalization, eds. Jose Casanova and Peter C. Phan (New York, NY: Oxford University Press), forthcoming.
- 'Asian Christianity and Interreligious Relations', in Inter-religious Learning in Asia, eds. Alexander Chow and Easten G. Law (New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan), forthcoming.
- 'Vatican II and Other Religions', in The Cambridge Companion to Vatican II, ed. Richard Gaillardetz (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press), forthcoming.
- 'Edward Schillebeeckx,'' in T&T Clark Companion to Theological Anthropology, eds. Mary Ann Hinsdale and Stephen Okey (London: Bloomsbury), forthcoming.
- 'Religious Pluralism', in T&T Clark Companion to Edward Schillebeeckx, eds. Stephan van Erp and Daniel Minch, Jr. (London: Bloomsbury), forthcoming.
Schillebeeckx, Asian Theology, Contextual Theology, Catholic Culture, Practical Theology, Systematic Theology, God and Trinity, Christology, Ecclesiology, World Religions, Interfaith Dialogue, Inculturation, Study of Religion, Faith and Human Development, Psychology and Religious Experience.
- Australian Catholic Theological Association
- Catholic Theological Society of America
- Congress of Asian Theologians
- Asian Forum for Theological Education
Page last updated: 2018-01-22
Short url: https://www.acu.edu.au/1273347