Dr Kamanashis Biswas is a Lecturer in Information Technology at Peter Faber Business School. He is also an adjunct lecturer at School of ICT, Griffith University. Before starting his role at ACU, he worked as an Associate Lecturer at Griffith University for one and half years. He also worked as a faculty at Daffodil International University, Bangladesh for about four and half years. His research interests include blockchain technology, design and development of lightweight security protocols, energy efficient and secure routing, intrusion detection systems, security issues in MANETs and WSNs. He has published more than 30 peer reviewed papers in various journals and conferences including IEEE, Springer and Elsevier.
Selected Journal Publications:
1. Software-defined application-specific traffic management for wireless body area networks, K. Hasan, K. Ahmed, K. Biswas, S. Islam, O. A. Sianki, Future Generation Computer Systems, vol. 107, pp. 274-285, 2020, (IF: 5.768) CORE Rank: A, SNIP: 2.464.
2. Immutable Autobiography of Smart Cars Leveraging Blockchain Technology, M. Sadek, M. J. M. Chowdhury, K. Biswas, N. Chowdhury, V. Muthukkumarasamy, The Knowledge Engineering Review Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35, 2020 (IF: 1.07) CORE Rank: B, SNIP: 1.26.
3. A Survey of Blockchain Platforms for IoT Use-cases (accepted), M. Sadek, M. J. M. Chowdhury, K. Biswas, N. Chowdhury, V. Muthukkumarasamy, The Knowledge Engineering Review Journal, Cambridge University  Press, (IF: 1.07) CORE Rank: B, SNIP: 1.26.
4. Cross-chain Interoperabiity Among Blockchain Based Systems using Transactions (accepted), B. Pillai, K. Biswas, V. Muthukkumarasamy, The Knowledge Engineering Review Journal, Cambridge University  Press, (IF: 1.07) CORE Rank: B, SNIP: 1.26.
5. A Comparative Analysis of Distributed Ledger Technology Platforms, M. Sadek, M. J. M. Chowdhury, K. Biswas, N. Chowdhury, IEEE Access, Vol. 7, pp.  167930 - 167943, 2019, (IF: 4.098) Q1 Journal, SNIP: 1.71.
6. A Comprehensive Review of Wireless Body Area Networks, K. Hasan, K. Biswas, K. Ahmed, S. Islam, Journal of Networks and Computer Applications, vol. 143, pp. 178-198, 2019, (IF: 5.273) CORE Rank: A, SNIP: 2.487.
7. An Interference Aware Heuristic Routing Protocol for Wireless Home Automation Networks, K. Biswas, V. Muthukkumarasamy, X. Wu and K. Singh, Journal of Networks, 10(11), pp. 616-624, 2015. CORE Rank: A, SNIP: N/A.
8. An Analytical Modeling for Lifetime Estimation of Wireless Sensor Networks, K. Biswas, V. Muthukkumarasamy, X. Wu and K. Singh, IEEE Communications Letters, 19(9),  pp. 1584-1587, 2015. (IF: 3.457) CORE Rank: A, SNIP: 1.562.
9. An Encryption Scheme Using Chaotic Map and Genetic Operations for Wireless Sensor Networks, K. Biswas, V. Muthukkumarasamy, and K. Singh, IEEE Sensors Journal, 15(5), pp. 2801-2809, 2015. (IF: 3.076) CORE Rank: B, SNIP: 1.709.
10. Constraint Minimum Vertex Covering in K-partite Graph: Approximation Algorithm and Complexity Analysis, K. Biswas, S.A.M. Harun, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 4, ISSN: 1947-5500, USA, 2009. (IF: 0.702), SNIP: N/A.
11. Hardware Virtualization Support in Intel, AMD and IBM Power Processors, K. Biswas, Md. Ashraful Islam, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 4, ISSN: 1947-5500, USA, 2009. (IF: 0.702), SNIP: N/A.
1. Integrated Platforms for Blockchain-Enablement in Role of Blockchain Technology in IoT Applications, Advances in Computers Series, vol. 115, Elsevier, 2019.
Selected Conference Publications:
Dr Biswas's current research focuses on:
Dr Biswas is keen to supervise highly motivated graduate students (both PhD and Masters) with a strong mathematical background. If you are interested in the area of his research, please contact him along with your CV. There are a range of scholarships and bursaries offered by the university for both domestic and international students. For more information about the application process, please visit "Find a Scholarship" page.
Dr Biswas is a recipient of Australia India Council (AIC) grant, 2018. The total amount of the grant is 260,000AUD. He has also been received Learning and Teaching Grant (3500AUD) at Griffith University for two consecutive semesters.
Dr Biswas is currently co-supervising two PhD students working on WBANs and Blockchain Technology. He has successfully supervised a Research Masters Student at Griffith University.
Dr Biswas worked as a program co-chair at the 4th and 3rd Symposium on Distributed Ledger Technology and served as a PC member for 1st and 2nd SDLT. He also worked as a PC member for a number of conferences including International Conference on Cyber Security, 3rd Workshop on Blockchain Technology and its Application, and International Conference on Complex,Intelligent and Software Intensive systems. He is actively collaborating with peers from Imperial College London, Swinburne University, La Trobe University, Open College UK, Data61, UNSW, Griffith University and IIT, Bombay on a number of blockchain projects.
Dr Biswas is a member of IEEE Computer Society and IEEE Young Professionals.
We're available 9am–5pm AEDT,
Monday to Friday
If you’ve got a question, our AskACU team has you covered. You can search FAQs, text us, email, live chat, call – whatever works for you.